Picture of Me

Picture of Me

Tuesday, September 24, 2013

JESUS MY HEALER!!!



Hello my name is Joseph Pierce and I was born in Florida and lived there throughout my childhood. For the past several years I have been living in Maine. I live in a family with five other kids; all who are adopted accept for one. I was adopted when I was only a few weeks old. My biological mother carried and gave birth to me and my twin brother.

Throughout the early days of my infancy my biological mother took care of my brother and I. Unfortunately she had a lot of problems of her own. As a result, I was badly injured when my grandmother caught her drowning me in the bathtub. After words, my brother and I were removed from the home and put up for adoption. Because of these acts of abuse I ended up being diagnosed with Cerebral Palsy. As a kid I struggled emotionally trying to fit in. This was tremendously difficult because I felt so disconnected from everyone else even at a young age. Looking back, I now realized that it was all part of God’s plan to draw me closer to Him. I believe that He intentionally separated me from the world to become closer to Him. The intense loneliness and rejection that I have experienced in my life have been an invitation to rely solely on God and not on the things of this word.

When I was between the ages of five and eight I had a series of operations. Several operations included the lengthening of my Achilles tendons, and strengthening of my Femur bones. My early childhood consisted of frequent hospital visits and constant physical therapy. Even when I was a child, God always comforted me in times of struggle.
I remember one night in the hospital I was laying down on my back trying to fall asleep, despite my frustration and anger. As I lay there immobilized, God spoke to me. His voice was incredibly loving and tender and he said, “Joseph, get some sleep. Just close your eyes. Morning will come before you know it.” It was as if God was sitting at my bed side holding me until I fell asleep. This foundation of knowing God at a very young age helped me to get through the struggles of growing up with a disability.

As the years went by I grew stronger and stronger, and my love for God continued to grow. When I was around the age of twelve or thirteen I was at a really low spot in my life. I regularly experienced deep depression, anger, and anxieties that overwhelmed my thoughts day in and day out. My depression got so bad that I began seriously contemplating suicide.
When I least expected it the Lord came to my rescue. One night I stumbled across a Christian radio station. The host on the radio station asked if I wanted to invite Jesus into my heart, and with everything in me I replied “Yes”! Almost instantly I felt the incredibly overwhelming presence of God wash over my entire body sending chills throughout my body from head to toe. This feeling was so intense it caused me to start shaking. After the shaking subsided I felt a deep sense of joy in my heart and an overwhelming sense of peace. I had become something brand new. I will never forget the feeling of waking up and getting out of bed the next day. I was completely changed. From that day on I have been steadily walking with the Lord.

During my senior year of high school, I felt the Lord calling me to attend Bible College. Throughout my senior year I was encouraged and mentored by youth pastors. This encouragement and belief in me helped me find the confidence to act upon Gods call. However, this did not resonate well with my parents. Because they are not believers, and have not supported my dream, the thought of me flying to Minnesota for Bible College was ridiculous to them.
Because they are not believers, it was hard for them to understand the calling of the Lord. As the days went by more arguments started to arise about me going to Bethany. In addition to the negativity and deep oppression I was experiencing at home, I was consistently insulted and told I would never amount to anything or make it on my own.  

Despite the many lies I was told about who I am, the truth about who I am has been cemented in me through the time I’ve spent alone with God. The truth is that I am the blessed child of God. I am His and He loves me! That’s my identity.

At home I was being attacked for my desire to follow my heart, and things eventually came to a boiling point. While being screamed at, the Lord told me to walk out of the house. So, I did. While I was outside letting off a little steam and praying, He spoke to me in the same almost audible voice that I had heard many years earlier in the hospital bed. “You’re leaving soon” He said. I felt a little shocked and taken back by this idea, so I kept walking until finally He said “Go upstairs and pack your things. It’s time”. When I returned home, my parents were gone and I now had the perfect opportunity to get out. I began packing frantically. Feelings of oppression, guilt, and doubt came over me and I thought “maybe I’m over reacting”, “I can deal with this a little longer”. Again I felt God say “just keep packing”! I got out and was able to stay with friends who gave me a place to stay and helped me get to Minnesota for college.

I am absolutely astounded by the way God has provided for me, and believe He will continue to be faithful in His provision for me. I strongly believe that the Lord has called me to Bethany College of Missions for a reason and want to continue to pursue the path that he has set before for me. I would like to humbly ask for prayer. Pray that God reveals to me his plan for my future, pray that I am able to soak Him up, pray that I continue to experience His healing, and please pray for my family to come to know the love of Christ.

                Since finishing college, I have embarked on a journey through life and have really had to discover who my true Father is. Before I left college my mother swore that she would not help me if I decided to leave and chase after Jesus. Now that I’ve chosen Him I have been blessed beyond measure! Since my departure I have had several apartments, all have fallen through. I have also spent many days’ going to interview from interview, but with no avail. In the midst of this I have been staying at the Union Gospel Mission in St. Paul. From here I began to really discover the heart and compassion of God. Even in the Center of all this I had no idea what the Father was about to do in me.
                While I was staying at the mission, I had primarily used my Power Wheelchair to get around the city. As God began to put his children around me I soon discovered that God’s desire for me was to be whole! This revelation did not hit me until September 21, 2013.
                We were all gathered in one place, the children of God, worshiping the Father and then the Lord spoke to me and said “Stand up Joseph…” I said “Okay…” and He said “Your Healed!” “Hallelujah!!” and at that moment I pressed into the glory of God and Faith began to build up inside of me! I felt fire consume my entire being as the Holy Spirit moved every bone and muscle into alignment with the word of God. It felt like fire, Yes, Fire. Then He straightened my back and fixed my posture within a blink of an eye! My ankles received strength, my legs received strength and my whole body received power that was not present before! Than the next morning my Father said “I am giving you new shoes that you must walk in. It will hurt until you break them in...”
From that point on my muscles are getting exponentially stronger each day and I have been walking in a Power I have never experienced. I am sore, yes but I have never been able to walk and be so free and relaxed in my entire life! I have never been able to move the way I do now! My speech was hesitant and loose, now it is crystal clear and my thoughts are together! I no longer have Cerebral Palsy and now stand in the Power of my Father in Heaven who is now teaching me how to walk! My ankles are growing, my feet are growing and the muscles in my calves now have strength were before they did not! The difference is night and day!

No comments:

Post a Comment